CheckWX Aviation Weather API v1.5
Our API is simple and free!
It allows you to programatically build web and desktop applications that integrate with our METAR and TAF data services.
Display the latest METAR and TAF reports for one or more locations with just a few lines of code.
Enabling API Access
To enable API access, follow these steps on the main CheckWX.com site:
- Login (or Signup for free) at CheckWX.com.
- Click on the Profile menu, then click the Request API Access link.
- Fill out the API form and submit your request. You'll receive a personal API Key via email.
- You will need to supply your personal API Key with each API call as shown in our examples.
Making an API Call
You can easily access our API by sending parameters in a HTTP-GET request to our service URL.
- The HTTP-GET request URL is formed by adding URL values and query parameters
- The response is given in either a JSON or XML format (your choice)
API Rate Limits
API requests are limited to 100 requests per hour.
- If you are exceeding your rate limit, you should consider caching the API responses.
- METARS AND TAFS should be requested and cached for at least 30 minutes.
- STATIONS should be requested and cached for at least 30 days.
NEW METAR-TAF Widget
Need just basic METAR-TAF reports? Don't want to write API code?
Try our new METAR-TAF widget. Just drop it on any web page and start receiving live METARs and TAFs automatically!